Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Coutinho: "We can win the title"


APPIANO GENTILE - A week on from the derby, Philippe Coutinho looks back at a special night for the Nerazzurri with Sky Sport 24, but then immediately turns to the future: "The derby was a great night. We knew how important it was to win the match, we're happy to have done so, but now it's time to look forward. Are Inter on a par with Napoli and Juventus? Yes, I think so. We're playing good football, we hope to keep improving and finish in the top 3. Can we win the Scudetto? Yes, we really hope so!"
It's hard not to comment on how much Coutinho's game has improved and Philippe smiles: "I'm pleased, since I've come back I'm more confident and keen to perform well. I still believe I've got a long way to go and I'm trying to get better all the time."
What's his relationship like with Andrea Stramaccioni? And does he get on with Antonio Cassano? "As I've always said, Stramaccioni gives everyone confidence. This is key for young players, it makes them feel important. I think he's doing a great job. I'm happy Antonio's come in because it's nice to play with big stars and he's a terrific player. He's brilliant to play alongside and it's good for Inter as a whole. The more quality we have, the better. I've been lucky enough to have played with him, Milito, Eto'o and Sneijder. For me it's a dream come true."

No comments:

Post a Comment